We also use various support and other functions, which may require the transfer of your personal data to and from other countries from time to time, both within and outside of the European Economic Area. Please note that by using this website, mobile site and mobile applications, you are agreeing that your data may be sent to and processed in other countries with varying data protection laws.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Oman Air will use your personal information to help us understand you better and so that we can give you relevant offers in order to enhance your experience of traveling with us.
- Oman Air will use your personal information to facilitate your travel with us.
- If you tell us you don’t want to receive marketing messages we will stop sending them. We will, of course, continue to send important information relating to a product or service you have purchased to keep you informed about your booking and travel itinerary.
- Oman Air has appropriate measures in place to protect your information and keep it secure.
- Oman Air respects your data protection rights and aims to give you control over your own information.
Why do we need your personal information?
You will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, contact details, and/or debit/credit card details when you use services provided on this Web Site. We will store this information and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this information in the following ways:
- To register you with our Web Site and administer our Web Site services where you have registered. You can unsubscribe from these services at any time.
- To fulfil our agreement with you, including processing your flight, sending you your itinerary, or contacting you if there is a problem with your reservation.
- To administer any contest or other promotional offer you may enter and notify winners.
- To answer any queries which you may send to us by e-mail.
- For direct marketing purposes, as set out in detail below.
- We need to know the details of all passengers travelling. If you are booking a flight on behalf of someone else, you must obtain their consent to use their personal information. We proceed on the basis that you have obtained this consent.
Legal basis for holding and processing personal information
Oman Air will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so and at all times in compliance with applicable data protection laws. Set out below are the legitimate reasons for which Oman Air will collect and use your information:
- We need to use your information so that we can process your booking, fulfil your travel arrangements and otherwise perform the contract we have with you.
- It is in Oman Air’ legitimate interests as an airline to use your personal information to operate and improve our business as an airline and travel provider.
- Oman Air needs to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect the vital interests of you or another person.
- You have consented to Oman Air using your information for a particular purpose.
Legitimate Interest - As a civil commercial air carrier, we are required, under law, to collect and process personal information for the purpose of security, safety, passenger booking, record keeping, and provide the passenger travel related information to the government under applicable laws for security and prevention of unlawful activities.
Use of your personal information
Information you provide will be used by us to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and provide you and other customers (via mail, email, telephone or otherwise) with information about new products and services and special offers. We may also inform you about new products and services and special offers of selected third parties.
- To fulfil your travel arrangements and deliver the services you have asked for.
- To manage the boarding process and to facilitate flight connections at the airport.
- To send status updates and service communications to you.
- To keep track of you in advance of your flight and at the airport.
- To help keep you safe when you fly with us and to meet certain legal and regulatory requirements.
- To provide services tailored to your requirements and to treat you in a more personal way.
- To carry out analysis and market research.
- To carry out marketing and keep you informed of Oman Air products and services.
- To send you status updates and service communications.
- To improve our websites, products and services.
- For management and administrative purposes.
When will we send you marketing Communications?
When we collect information directly from you, we may ask you if you do not want to receive our marketing communications. Please be aware that we do sometimes send marketing communications that promote a third party’s products and services (for example, those of our business partners) as well as our own.
We may ask if you consent to receiving marketing communications from other members of our group or from third parties.
We will respect your choice as to what communications you wish to receive and the methods by which you are sent them.
How can you change what marketing communications you receive and how you receive them?
If you decide you would no longer like to be sent marketing communications, you can change your mind at any time. The ways to stop being sent marketing communications are described below:
- If you are a Sindbad member this is the way to stop receiving emails
In addition, each marketing communication we send by email will also have an unsubscribe option which will allow you to stop you receiving further marketing emails. We aim to action requests to stop being sent marketing communications within 10 (ten) working days of receiving those requests, but it is possible you will receive some marketing in the period prior to that change being made.
Please note that if you tell us that you do not wish to be sent further marketing communications, you will still receive service communications (as described above) which are necessary, for example, to confirm your booking or to provide you with an update on its status. If you are a Sindbad Member, we will continue to keep you informed about your membership and other important service information relating to the Sindbad. If you ask us to stop sending marketing communications, please note we will retain your personal information for the purposes of indicating that you do not want to receive marketing communications.
Whom do we share your information with?
We may give information about you to:
- To other companies and/or brands within Oman Aviation Group.
- To trustworthy third parties that we use for provision of certain services, such as enabling our customers to book hotels, chauffeurs, hire cars, baggage services, onward flights, hotel and/or meal services in case of delay, delayed or lost baggage claims or other services quickly and easily.
- To any third parties we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
- To customs and/or immigration departments or other regulatory and civil aviation authorities in your country of departure and/or destination in order to comply with the existing laws.
- To our employees and agents to do any of the above on our behalf, now or in the future
- To third party organizations involved in credit card authorization.
- If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
- In accordance with Article L 237 -7 of French Homeland Security Code, please be informed that air carriers may transmit reservation, checking and boarding data collected from their passengers ( API/PNR) to the French national public services and competent authorities for the purposes and under conditions as defined in the Decret N° 2014-1095 dated 26/09/2014, modified by decree 2018/714 dated August 3rd 2018
Our Web Site may contain links to other web sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of web sites not operated by us. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our Web Site.
Correction/updating of personal information
If your personal identification information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, we will provide a way to correct, update or remove your personal information provided to us.
We have implemented technology and security features to safeguard the privacy of your personal information and we take appropriate steps to protect the personal information you share with us.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials you may opt-out of receiving these communications you may notify us by Email email@example.com
Access to your personal information
If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, please Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer of your personal information
In the course of undertaking the activities, we may transfer personal information to countries which do not have data protection laws or to countries where your privacy and other fundamental rights will not be protected as extensively.
Web Site Contact
Contact IT.ServiceDesk@omanair.com with questions or if you experience technical problems with this Web Site.