Special Baggage Guidelines
Guidelines for Carrying Special Baggage Items
Filming equipment, TV screen, musical instruments and Sporting equipment including surf/paddle, skis/snow and skate boards, golf equipment, bicycles, fishing equipment, windsurfing equipment, diving equipment, hockey equipment, bowling equipment, Scuba equipment, Archery, Boogie boards, Lacrosse equipment, Pole vaults can be carried as part of check-in baggage allowance; only if the item is within Standard Special Baggage specifications. Seasonality rates will be applied if dimensions and/or total weight exceed the size specifications or the free baggage allowance.
- Oman Air encourage early check-in if your item requires special handling or charges. This will allow you to plan your journey ahead, and avoid hassles at the check-in counters.
- Please carry your special equipment in a rigid protective case, whether it is travelling in the cabin or in the hold and ensure properly insured. Instruments in soft cases cannot be accepted.
- In case your equipment is not in list, please contact Oman Air’s call center: +968 24531111.
Dimensions and Weight
- Small musical instruments with dimensions that don’t exceed 115 cm and weigh 7 kg or less can be carried in the cabin instead of your hand luggage.
- Your music instrument will stay with you in cabin, in the seat next to you. The acceptance of musical instrument as Cabin Baggage needs to be approved at least 48 hours before your flight departure. For more information, please call our call center: +968 2453 1111, Visit our Sales office or your preferred travel agent.
- Baggage Allowance maximum size of standard bag is up to 159 cm and maximum weight 32Kg.
- Standard Special Baggage size is up to 210 cm/ 83 inches and maximum weight 23Kg. Seasonality charges applies.
- Large Special Baggage size is up to 290 cm/115 inches and maximum weight 32Kg. Seasonality charges applies.
- If any of the above items exceeds the maximum allowed weight 32Kg or dimensions 292 cm / 115 inches, it must be coordinated through our Cargo team.
- Must be packed in a fit box with no additional items shall be inside the box.
- Size up to 43” inches, maximum weight 23Kg can be accepted within baggage allowance.
- Size between 43” inches to 55” inches, maximum weight 32Kg seasonality rates will be applied.
- Size more than 55” inches, shall be accepted as cargo only.