Oman Air SAOC is committed to the highest possible standards in terms of governance practices, transparency, fairness, accountability, professionalism and duty of care in delivering ones responsibilities. This Policy aims to encourage every individual working for or dealing with the Company to report any fraudulent practices at any level of the organization with complete comfort, confidence and protection.
All employees or contract staff ; partners who are our agents and working on our behalf (outsourced agencies) and independent partners (vendors) will be obligated to report any detected or suspected fraud (as defined in this policy). Customers may report through the customer service channels. Anonymous reporting is not generally encouraged at Oman Air SAOC. Anonymous reporting will be considered at the discretion of the Management based on the seriousness of the issue, the substance of the allegation, evidence provided, and likelihood of confirming the allegation from reliable sources or other probative evidence.
Actions constituting fraud
- Fraud is defined as wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain. In addition, fraud also includes intentional false representation or concealment of a material fact for the purpose of personal gains;
- Any unethical or unlawful act;
- Misappropriation of funds, securities, supplies or other assets;
- Impropriety in the handling or reporting of money or financial transactions;
- Fraudulent financial and annual reporting;
- Disclosing confidential and proprietary information to outside parties;
- Accepting or seeking anything outside the Gift Acceptance Policy from the contractors, vendors, competitors, partners or persons providing goods or services to the Company.
Acting in good faith
Anyone reporting any irregularity that is detected or suspected must be acting in good faith and have reasonable grounds for believing the information provided. Allegations made maliciously or with knowledge of their falsity will not be tolerated. People making such allegations may be subject to the Oman Air SAOC disciplinary procedures and/or legal action by the individuals accused of fraudulent conduct or the Company management (as applicable). Such disciplinary measures will not be used for individuals reporting in good faith.
Employees of Oman Air SAOC may not retaliate against a whistle-blower for reporting in good faith an activity which that person believes to be fraudulent or dishonest. In the context of this paragraph, whistle-blower is defined as an employee who blows the whistle under this policy.
The cases can be reported on email@example.com (this e-mail will be regularly reviewed by the Vice President Governance, Risk Management and Compliance).
The reported cases will be investigated and acted upon as per the procedures defined in the Anti-fraud and Whistle-blowing Policy and Procedures of the Company.