Guests with Special Needs
We make every effort to transport and provide seamless travel experience for all our guests, particularly those with special needs or disabilities.
Such guests may request for assistance through our reservation representatives assistance while traveling, such as transportation to and from gates either by wheelchair or by electric cart (according to the airport facility), boarding assistance and dietary needs.
Oman Air strives to accommodate and assist all our customers with special needs. However, due to certain safety regulations we would not be able to assign seats at the emergency exists which form part of emergency exit routes to passenger under the following categories
- Expectant Mothers
- Customers with limited mobility
We also wish to inform you that emergency exit seats does not have seat reclining mechanism due to safety reasons, as this may become a cause of obstruction for the emergency exit route.
Infant & Child Care
Air travel is not recommended within the first 7 days of birth. Infants less than 7 days old will only be accepted when traveling for emergency medical treatment with an approved Medical certificate.
Please note only one infant is permitted per adult passenger.
In order for us to be able to provide you with these basinets for your infant, we advise that you make special request at the time of reservation, incase these seats are already released to other passengers.
Families are normally given seats together, unless they have checked-in late, in which case seats may have already been assigned to other customers. Under such circumstances, our crew on board would endeavor to assist you; however, this would be subject to other passenger’s willingness to vacate the seat for you.
Apart from baby meal, we do carry a limited stock of toys/games for our young customers less than 5 years. Therefore, we suggest you may also bring along any other toys/games that can keep the child entertained during the flight.
We understand the importance of the third trimester of expectant mother (pregnant woman) and below policy will apply for their travel.
- Any travel from 28 to 34 weeks of pregnancy, is accepted with a “Fit to Travel” certificate from a medical practitioner, which confirms the expected date of delivery and fitness to fly.
- “Fit to Travel” certificate is valid for 7 days from date of issue. The certificate should be issued by the attending doctor and should remain in the possession of the expectant mother.
- Expectant mother between 34 to 36 weeks of pregnancy will be accepted on sole certification of Oman Air doctor.
- After 36 weeks, pregnant women cannot be accepted for travel.
Children traveling alone? Not to worry!
We help unaccompanied minors between the ages of 5 and 16, through all the complicated airport details to ensure that your child enjoys a safe and happy journey.
From the moment they arrive at airport check-in, until they reach their final destination, all children are escorted and supervised by our Customer Service Staff. Unaccompanied minors are accepted on all Oman Air flights. If a journey involves a connection, the Unaccompanied minor shall be permitted only for immediate continuous space with all sectors confirmed. However if the journey involves a transfer with a stopover for more than 6 hours or an overnight stopover, the parent or guardian is responsible for arranging for the child to be met and cared for at the transfer point. Oman Air does not accept responsibility beyond airport of embarking and disembarking.
We understand the importance of this task. The following will guide you and provide you with information on how we take care of this responsibility and what is required of you as parents and guardians.
Whenever, you make Unaccompanied Minors’ travel arrangements with your travel agent, you would have to co-ordinate with Oman Air Sales office. They will provide you with a UM Pouch to keep all travel documents and an “UM” badge for your child to wear. “Carriage for Handling” advise form would also be made available for you to provide the following information:
- UM Passenger’s name, age, sex and languages spoken
- Details of journey covered by the Oman Air ticket
- Name, address and telephone number of contacts
- At the airport of embarkation
- At the airport of disembarkation
- At the transfer station, if required.
- Special instruction about diet, tendency to airsickness or any other important information.
- Declaration of parent or guardian and signature
- Confirmation for release of minor from the Oman Air custody
- The original form will be retained by our Oman Air office
- Two copies would be attached to the ticket. One for the departure customer service team and one for arrival customer service team.
At the Airport
Our Airport Customer Service Unit would be responsible for
- Receiving unaccompanied minor from the parents or adult relatives
- Attend to all check in and departure procedures and escort the UM up to the aircraft.
- If the travel itinerary includes a transfer, our Customer Service Staff will take care of the child and see him/her safely onboard the connecting flight.
- UM pouch with travel documents would be handed over to our Flight Senior on board.
- Onboard, your child would be assisted to be seated on the pre-assigned seat and a cabin crew would be allocated to take care.
- The child would be briefed on seat appliances such as call button, lights, and entertainment channels.
- Demonstrate to child on how to fasten and unfasten seatbelt.
- Offer game kit or coloring book.
- Check regularly on child’s needs, food and beverage, general comfort and the need to go to the toilet etc.
- Prepare child to sleep, and if not, keep him/her occupied by playing, speaking and certain instances arranging to visit to flight deck upon Pilot in Command’s permission.
Your child will be escorted from the aircraft by our Customer Service Staff at the destination point and would be guided all through the airport formalities until the arrival terminal until the handing-over point, as per pre-departure arrangement made by you. Identification will be required before handing over to the parent/guardian.