Development Engineering Department of Oman Air strives to:
- Execute decisions, plans, implementation and control required to maintain effective maintenance activities on Company fleet of aircraft.
- Monitor reliability of aircraft, airframe, engine and components.
- Evaluate, control and distribute technical publications including Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins and Service Information Letters related to aircraft currently operated by the Company.
- Comply with DGSAS requirements and recommend appropriate action in order to implement improvements for safety, efficiency or better economics.
- Carry out technical investigation and evaluation on systems, abnormal failures, and repetitive defects and recommend improvement measures.
- Generate Engineering Orders for accomplishment of repair and/or modifications on aircraft.
- Participate in the technical aspects of major projects such as purchase of new equipment, new aircraft, major modifications and the use of major maintenance contractors.
- Assist Base Maintenance and Aircraft Workshops on maintenance and AOG related issues and assist Project Department in conducting feasibility studies and/or aircraft evaluation.
- Ensure all Technical Publications are available for aircraft maintenance work undertaken and they are maintained to the latest revision.