Oman Stopover1 Free Night in Oman
If you are a first time or a seasoned traveller interested in seeing the authentic Arabia, Oman and Muscat are must see destinations.
The Sultanate's beaches, mountains, sweeping deserts, forts, castles and oases are breathtaking, and Omani hospitality is legendary. Oman Air, Oman's Ministry of Tourism and participating resorts and hotels make a stopover so easy with 1 Free Night in Oman* when you book your 2 or 3 night stopover.Discover beauty has an address.
|3 Star Hotels/Resorts||1 Night||2 Nights|
|4 Star Hotels/Resorts||1 Night||2 Nights|
|Golden Tulip Seeb||$127||$253|
|Ramada Muscat Hotel||$136||$196|
|5 Star Hotels/Resorts||1 Night||2 Nights|
|Shangri-La Resort Al Waha||$196||$316|
|Millennium Hotel, Mussanah||$110||$167|
|Shangri-La Resort Al Bandar||$226||$361|
|Shangri-La Resort Al Husn||$322||$472|
* Rates per PERSON including accomodation, breakfasts and all taxes.
For more information on hotels in Oman click here
For full information on prices click here
*Terms & Conditions
- The Oman 1 free night stopover offer must be as part of a minimum 2 nights stay or maximum of 3 night stopover stay in Oman.
- The additional night (s) must be purchased for stay at the same resort\hotel as the Free Night in the same room category and occupancy.
- The complimentary offer includes room accommodation and tax & service charges for one night. Certain resorts\hotels may grant additional benefits.
- Rooms are subject to availability at time of booking.
- Stopover rates not valid for Shanghai-La: 14 - 21 Feb; 1 - 8 Apr; 24 - 31 Oct 2015.
- Only valid for Guests travelling on International Oman Air flights on both outbound and return journeys.
- Offer available for travel to all destinations, excluding travel where final destination is Oman.
- Return journey free stopover is applicable to any ticket. Oman Air will not levy any extra charges for a free stopover in Oman on your return journey.
- On some tickets a charge will be applicable if you choose to stopover in Oman on your departure journey. Please read the terms and conditions on your ticket carefully.
- Maximum one "Oman Stopover offer" per booking.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offer by either Oman Air or the participating resorts\hotels.
- Obtaining an Oman Visa is the Guest's responsibility.
Visa Requirements: Single entry visas valid for 1 month are issued on arrival at Muscat International Airport for nationals of over 40 countries. Complete updated visa details please visit: www.rop.gov.om
- Royal Opera House Muscat performance programme can be obtained from
- Muscat Festival details can be obtained from www.muscat-festival.com
Discover Muscat and the Region. Special Day Tour and Excursion rates are available. Click here
What to do in Muscat
Sightseeing: Visit the impressive sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, a religious Landmark of Muscat showcasing the splendor of unique Islamic architecture. A trip to Muscat is not complete without visiting the Al Alam Palace flanked by the 16th Century Portuguese forts of Mirani and Jalali.
Outdoor Adventures: Snorkel or dive in the pristine waters of Bandar Khairan. Go dolphin watching or relax on a dhow cruise off Muscat's rugged coast.
Beaches: Among Muscat's attractions are a number of magnificent beaches such as Qurum Beach, Bandar Al-Jissah, Yitti, Al-Khairan and Al-Bustan.
Museums: the Bait Al Zubair Museum, Natural History Museum, children's Museum and the Omani-French Museum are ideal places to catch up on the history of Muscat.
Shopping: The old souq of Muttrah is an ideal spot for tourists to buy authentic Omani souvenirs and treasures.
Places of Interest:
Is a coastal town about 35 mins from Muscat Airport. It has a famous fort and is a centre for Camel Racing and regular bloodless Bullfighting. It is also a very popular location to explore the local hotsprings, mountains and wadhi's as well as the forts of Nakhal and Rustaq. Cave exploration, Climbing, Diving and Trekking are some of the local activities.
The Mountains are the highest in Arabia and cool even in summer. Only 210 kms Muscat there are some beautiful villages – al Hamra, Misfat al Abriyyin, the famous Al Hoota Caves, and many trekking routes. The Balcony walk overlooking Wadi Nakhr and leading to the abandoned village of Sab Bani Khamis is not to be missed. Other attractions are the Via Ferrata that overlooks the Grand Canyon with an abseil of 200 metres.
Is a coastal town 45 mins from Muscat Airport reveling in a delightful sunny climate with pristine beaches. Near by attractions are Wadi Bani Khalid is renowned for its picturesque springs of water and the village of Bilad Sayt is widely recognized as the most picturesque in the whole of Oman. Or visit the Majlis al Jinn which with a height of 120 metres is one of the largest caves in the world.
Ras Al Jinz
Ras al-Jinz the easternmost point of the Arabian Peninsula, approx 210 kms from Muscat. is an important turtle-nesting site for the endangered green turtle. Over 20, 000 females return annually to the beach where they hatched in order to lay eggs. Tours are conducted at night and before dawn. The new coastal road from Qurayyat to Sur is full of delights such as Wadi Shab, Wadi Tiwi and Fins Beach.
Nizwa - Drive through the Hajar mountains via the oases of Fanja and Birkat Al Mauz, to reach Nizwa and tour the impressive 17th century fort of Nizwa.
Al Hoota Cave - One of the largest cave systems in the world, Al Hoota cave is located at the foot of Jebel Shams and is home to breathtaking stalactites, stalagmites and rare blind transparent fish.
Jebel Akhdhar - Known as the 'Green Mountain' in /arabic, the 3000m high Jebel Akhdar's beauty comes as a collage of tall date palm groves, verdant valleys and picturesque villages.
Oman - Khasab
What to do in Khasab
Sightseeing: Khasab has some of Oman's stunning sceneries. Take a breathtaking 4WD trip to Jebel Harim at an altitude of over 2,000 m and enjoy the panoramic views.
Visit Khasab fort which is a picturesque stronghold built in the 17th century by the Portuguese seeking dominion over the maritime trade in the Strait of Hormuz.
Or cruise spectacular fjords on a local dhow, passing small fishing villages and encountering dolphines.
Oman - Salalah
What to do in Salalah
Sightseeing: Beathtaking Scenery, traditional souks,floweing springs and wadis, rustic villages, abundant wildlife, picturesque green countryside during the summer monsoon season and Frankinsense trees.
Attractions include the blowhole at Mughsayl, the natural springs at Air Horman, the Tawi Attir "hole of the birds" sinkhole, the Queen of Sheba's famed ruins at Samhuram and historical sites at Mirbat.